We are a part of the Ford Motors Company, and we share the aim of becoming the world leader in sustainable transport solutions. It’s ambitious, but so are we. If you’re like us and think that everything matters – challenging technology, industry leadership, career opportunities and great team spirit – then Desmond Motors is the place for you.
We are now looking to recruit an experienced mechanic to join our workshop in Derry~Londonderry. Competitive hourly rate + regular training and development, excellent on-site facilities, pension scheme.
- Monday to Thursday 9 am - 5:30 pm
- Friday 9am - 4:30pm
- Saturday & Sunday closed.
WHO WE ARE
We are the largest family run Ford Dealership in Northern Ireland and have been in business for over 50 years.
At Desmond Motors we believe in a work climate characterised by respect for the individual – your voice is heard and your ideas matter. The challenging jobs that we offer in a dynamic environment open the way for personal development and stimulating career opportunities. Our diverse workplace brings together people from all walks of life, with high skill levels and a diversity of outlooks.
We believe that diversity and inclusion increase engagement generates innovation and develops our business. Along with challenging and stimulating tasks, all these things make Desmond Motors Ford Garage an interesting place to work.
Your role will involve carrying out inspections, MOT preparation, diagnostic work and fault finding, carrying out repairs on engines, gearboxes, brakes and suspension systems. You will also learn to use Ford’s in-house systems and complete paperwork such as job cards and service sheets. We will help and support you to learn to work to Ford Standard and Service Times. At Desmond Motors we invest heavily in the development of our employees - you can expect to receive comprehensive training to develop you to the next level of your career by attending the Henry Ford College.
- City and Guilds / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent, in Heavy Vehicle Repair and Maintenance.
- 3rd& 4th-year apprenticeship will also be considered for the position
- Commercial vehicle experience
- IT literate.
- Inspecting vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Inspecting vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
- Able to conduct routine maintenance work aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity
- Adhere to all standards set forth by Henry Ford
- Weekly pay. Salary based.
- Provide you with a great working environment and good teammates who will support you as you settle into your role.
- Technology is changing and evolving now more than every so will send you to the Henry Ford College to expand your knowledge and training to become a master of your craft. Skills/Qualifications you will have for life and no cost to yourself.
- Give you 28 Days holidays per years, including statutory days.
- Monday to Friday hours with weekends free for you.
- Finish at 4:30 pm every Friday! The weekend comes early.
- Full-time & Permanent.
Email your CV to Service Manager Philip Wilson.